What exactly is Xero?
Xero is accounting software that allows you to automate day-to-day accountancy tasks so you can focus on what matters most to you.
Xero allows you to perform many functions like invoicing, fixed assets recording, inventory recording, bills, bank reconciliation, payroll, projects, CIS returns, bookkeeping, and reporting, among other things.
What exactly is a cloud?
The cloud is a secure platform that allows data and software to be accessed online at any time, from any location, on any device.
Xero is created with the cloud in mind. It contrasts with many accounting solutions initially designed for desktop use and then converted to work in the cloud.
Only an internet connection is required to use and access Xero. Xero automatically updates its software, ensuring that you always utilise the most recent version. There are no expenses or downtime connected with upgrading.
○ Will my information be kept secret and secure?
Xero is dedicated to data security, and numerous levels of security protect the personal and financial information you entrust to Xero.
Learn more about Xero’s data protection and security obligations here.
○ Is there a trial period with Xero?
Yes, Xero offers a free 30-day trial period. It lets you try out all of Xero’s amazing features while familiarising yourself with the software before purchasing.
Afterwards, you can decide whether the Xero investment is right for you.
○ What happens after the expiry of the trial plan?
If you decide to keep using Xero after the trial period ends, you will be prompted to provide your billing information and will be invoiced monthly from then on.
If you decide not to use Xero any longer, you may remove your organisation from the ‘My Xero’ area after logging in. There is a 30 day notice period.
○ How does Xero Payroll pricing work?
Xero Payroll costs £5 per month (excl. VAT) for up to five individuals, plus £1 per month for each additional person.
Xero offers a 3 or 6 months free payroll from time to time.
○ If I determine that Xero is the appropriate fit for me, how can I sign up?
You can move from a trial to a subscription with only a few clicks from within your Xero account.
Moreover, you also do not have to worry about your data getting lost.
Switching from the trial plan to some other plan allows your data to be saved.
○ If I feel Xero isn’t appropriate for me, how can I cancel it?
You can easily terminate a free trial from within your Xero account at any time. However, you cannot access that organisation once you discontinue your trial subscription.
○ Is it necessary to input my credit card information to sign up for a free trial?
No, all you have to do is provide Xero with your name, email address, and phone number.
By getting your phone number, Xero can contact you directly to assist you in getting started with Xero, and it can be set up as a 2 factor authentication.
○ Is it possible to perform transactions using Xero?
Yes. Customers may pay you directly using payment systems like Stripe or GoCardless.
○ Does Xero allow the import and export of data?
Yes. You can utilise Xero’s simple step-by-step guidance in Xero Central to do it yourself or use a data transfer service.
○ Is it possible to access Xero when offline?
No. An internet connection is required to be ‘in the cloud.’
○ Does Xero include any technical assistance?
Xero’s experienced and professional customer support staff provides free, unlimited service to Xero users 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Support is initially via ticketing system- Xero central.
○ Is onsite setup support available from Xero?
Xero Central has online resources to help you get started. If you want onsite assistance, you can contact a Xero accountant to assist with using Xero and its features in the best way possible.
○ What are the terms that govern my usage of Xero?
When you join Xero, you’ll be asked to agree to their terms of service and privacy notice. Apart from that, you will also get their offer details whenever you sign join up for a free trial.
○ Is it possible to pay for the subscription yearly?
No, you cannot pay for the subscription yearly. You will be charged monthly only where you will have to make the payment in advance to access your Xero account.
○ Is it possible to upgrade, downgrade, or change plans at any time?
Yes. Simply choose a new plan and add or remove more features in My Xero to update your Xero price plan. You can increase your price plan at any time. However, you can only downgrade after 30 days.
○ What are the benefits of being a Xero partner?
Partner perks from Xero are designed to provide you with everything you need to succeed — whatever you define success.
Earning more points means enjoying a higher status level. This can give you access to more perks and features.
The following perks are provided to Xero partners:
- Free conversion tools make it simple to switch clients to Xero
- Online training to expand your Xero expertise
- Digital materials and an account manager for creating taxes to assist you in becoming MTD compliant
- Different level status (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum). As you progress through the status levels, you’ll get better Xero subscription savings that you may pass on to your clients.
- Free Xero marketing materials for advertising your team and client events
- Access to Xero Practice Manager
- Access to Xero Workpapers
- Access to Xero HQ for free to manage employees and clients
○ Is Xero VAT software compatible with MTD?
Yes. Xero is a VAT software supplier that HMRC has approved.
Xero’s software makes keeping digital records, creating and submitting VAT returns to HMRC online, as well as tracking and managing VAT a breeze.